Friday 16 August 2013

Posted by Unknown On Friday, August 16, 2013


I'm now adding a little shape to the bottle by creating a new layer set to multiply and using a brown (basically a darker tone of the sand) and painting in some shading. I've made a clipping mask so that the brown doesn't go outside the shape of the bottle (For more on clipping masks, see Shorra's tutorial on the subject)




Now I'm going to turn on the layer which is the copy of the bottle and set its blending mode to Screen which causes it to be slightly transparent. As a mnemonic device, I like to think about the multiply and screen modes as yin and yan. Multiply basically drops out all white out of your image while Screen drops out all black (the yin and yan symbol is those black and white intertwined teardrop looking thingies)

Note: You could also try setting the blend mode to Overlay instead of Screen. It gives a little more transparent look but since I want a good bit of glare, Screen works better here. If you were doing say a fishbowl sitting on a counter, Overlay may suit you better.



Next create a layer mask for this layer and with the mask active, select all and fill with black. This has now entirely masked out the bottle. Then set your color to white and with a soft brush at a low opacity, start adding or "painting" back in some of the bottle. You'll want to think where the light would be hitting it. I vary the opacity of my brush with higher opacities where the light is hitting the bottle the strongest and low opacities where I just want a little light reflection-the image is how it looks when I'm done.

Now I want to add a bit of the bottle's tone to the image. If you look at the base of the original image of the bottle, it's got a bit of a green tone. So I select my background copy layer (the distorted beach in the shape of a bottle) and go to Image-Adjustmets-Photo Filter-Underwater which applies a bit of greenish tone (I'm showing you two screenshots side by side again-I don't have a special version of Photoshop)


Ok, that got me a little more green but I wasn't satisfied with the result. I created a new layer at the top-used the command+click trick in the layer icon of the bottle to get a selection in the shape of the bottle and filled it with a teal color. I then changed the layer mode to Soft Light and lowered the opacity down to 70%-now we're getting somewhere.

Ok, just a few more finishing touches on the glass. I created a layer for highlights and with the shape of the bottle selected once more, painted in a few more highlights with white-blending mode normal. On another layer I painted in a few shadows using a dark teal green and the layer mode set to multiply.

Now for a few final touches. The bottle looks to be just floating above the sand-I can't have that. I pasted a new layer at the top which was a closeup of some sand. I added a mask to the layer and masked out the sky. When masking things like sand or dirt, I like to use an irregular shaped brush like one of the native spatter brushes to give me an uneven edge.


Message in a Bottle-Working with Glass PART-3

Message in a Bottle-Working with Glass PART-3 Message in a Bottle-Working with Glass PART-3 Message in a Bottle-Working with Glass PART-3 Message in a Bottle-Working with Glass PART-3

you are reading : Message in a Bottle-Working with Glass PART-3

Amazing content i did not see before thanks..
Naeem Sagar
Date published: 10/13/2015
4.8 / 5 stars

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Write some thing Good for us...........

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.